Patvocates a Germany-based, patient-driven think tank and patient-focused not-only-for-profit consultancy acting in the triangle of patient advocacy, health policy and medicines research & development.
Patvocates is a social enterprise that donates a proportion of its revenue to capacity building and education initiatives of the patient community.
We are looking for an engaged Finance Officer to drive forward the company’s operations as well as the exciting projects in patient engagement and patient advocacy.
- Full time / permanent
- Travel up to 20 days a year
- Home Based in Germany or Spain
- competitive gross salary per year, depending on experience and track record
The Finance Officer will have the following tasks and responsibilities. The roles and tasks may change based on future projects and activities of the Organization.
- Lead annual budgeting and planning process for annual budget.
- Be responsible for accounting policy and governance.
- Cash flow management and liquidity.
- Lead of production of quarterly and annual assessments and forecasts of financial performance against budget & cash flow, financial and operational goals.
- Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
- Liaison with the externally appointed auditor.
- Generate invoices as needed and ensure payment is completed.
- Manage and process invoices and reimbursement forms.
- Oversee day to day processing of accounts.
- Provide financial management of all project funded activities and programmes.
- Ensure that accounting requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
The tasks are non-exhaustive and subject to change depending on needs of the organisation and the projects.
Required experience and skills:
- University degree in related area.
- Minimum professional experience of 3 years as a financial officer or similar.
- Experience in delivering work on time and within budget.
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Very advanced English (C2), written and spoken. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Knowledge/experience in working with non-profit organisations, preferably in the field of healthcare, preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of European funding programmes and tendering; sound knowledge of the European Framework Programme for Research (Horizon 2020) contractual and financial rules is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the regulation and guidelines for NGOs operating in Europe is highly desirable.
- High-level ability to use electronic office and Online tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoints, Google Docs, Email, WhatsApp).
- Ability to be pro-active, flexible, self-driven and work independently from home office and our Munich office (if needed), within tight deadlines.
- Experience of collaborative working in a virtual environment (with a team distributed across Europe).
- Commitment to patient-centred healthcare and the core values of patient-led organizations
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- An exciting position in an even more exciting European social enterprise in the emerging fields of patient-centered healthcare and patient advocacy, working together with key patient advocacy leaders across Europe.
- Full-time position (40h/week), giving the opportunity to progress and to integrate in a young, dynamic and multi-cultural team working from different European cities.
- Permanent employment contract under German or Spanish law depending on location.
How to apply:
Apply for this job offer by sending your CV and your motivation letter to Alba Ubide firstname.lastname@example.org and Julia Tolley email@example.com with the subject “Application Finance Officer”.