Patvocates is looking for an engaged Project Manager to drive forward its exciting projects in the area of patient engagement and patient advocacy.
- Full time / permanent
- 20 days of travel per year
- Munich, Germany
- 50.000 – 60.000 EUR gross salary per year, depending on prior experience and track record
- Plan, manage and deliver successful projects for clients
- Monitor and make sure projects adhere to milestones and deadlines, report on progress
- Make sure that projects deliver within budget and with adequate profit margin
- Organization of project meetings (virtual and face-to-face)
- Plan, prepare and implement meetings, e.g. organisation of meetings, venues, travel, logistics
- Coordinate, contract and involve external partners, consultants and suppliers
- Manage client contracts and project budgets, supervise progress, track invoicing and payment schedules, track payments
- Create communication about projects
- Generate project proposals to potential clients
The tasks are non-exhaustive and subject to change depending on needs of the organisation and the projects.
Required experience and skills:
- University degree in related area
- Minimum professional experience of five years as a project manager
- Experience in delivering work on time and within budget
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Very advanced English (C2), written and spoken (German language skills are not required)
- Experience as a patient or caregiver with a serious health condition is helpful, even though not required
- Knowledge/experience in working with non-profit organisations, preferably in the field of healthcare
- High-level ability to use electronic office and Online tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoints, Google Docs, Email, WhatsApp)
- Ability to be pro-active, flexible, self-driven and work independently from both the home office and our Munich office, within tight deadlines
- Experience of collaborative working in a virtual environment (with a team distributed across Europe)
- Experience in supervising the work of external contractors
- Commitment to patient-centered healthcare and the core values of patient-led organizations
- Availability to travel occasionally
- An exciting position in an even more exciting European social enterprise in the emerging fields of patient-centered healthcare and patient advocacy, working together with key patient advocacy leaders across Europe
- Full-time position (40h/week), giving the opportunity to progress and to integrate in a young, dynamic and multi-cultural team working from different European cities
- Permanent employment contract under German law
How to apply:
The Patvocates Network is a consultancy, social enterprise and think tank on patient advocacy, health policy and patient engagement in medical research. The Patvocates Network provides unique insights, experience and connections in patient advocacy through strategy development, meaningful stakeholder interaction and excellence in project implementation. We provide strategic consultancy, hands-on training and platforms for interaction to patient advocacy organisations, authorities and the private sector. Our goal is to establish and develop effective engagement frameworks, policies, processes and projects for patient advocacy groups, authorities, healthcare institutions and the private sector.
Patvocates is run by a team of leading patient advocates with more than 50 years of experience in the field, with in-depth knowledge of pan-European healthcare systems, institutions, stakeholders, cultures and the pan-European patient community across different disease areas. Being a social enterprise, Patvocates donates parts of its revenue to educational non-profit initiatives, e.g. the European Patients’ Academy (EUPATI).
The Patvocates Network was founded in 2010 and is registered as a limited company in Munich, Germany, but is acting mainly on the European level.