|Job title: Research Manager||Location: Germany or Spain|
|Position type: Full time /permanent||Salary: 45.000 EUR/year GROSS|
|Probation period: 6 months||Travel required: approx. 30 days/year|
Job responsibilities include:
Research project-specific tasks
- For existing and potential clients of Patvocates Research, proactively map topics and research questions that need addressing in the patient community
- Prepare proposals and materials for potential research funders to secure resources and appropriate margin
- Liaise with patient organisations and help them generate their own evidence, as agreed with Patvocates
- Engage with clinicians, patient organisations and other stakeholders involved in evidence generation projects and other research
- Conduct literature reviews
- Closely follow and interact with other initiatives that generate patient evidence
General project management responsibilities
- Plan, manage and deliver successful projects
- Monitor and make sure projects adhere to milestones and deadlines, report on progress
- Make sure adequate internal and external resources are made available to successfully deliver the project
- Make sure that projects deliver within budget with an appropriate margin
- Follow up proactively on all project- and team-related open actions, tasks and urgent priorities, make sure that follow-up happens
- Coordinate, contract and involve external partners, consultants and suppliers
- Create communication material about projects
- Coordinate and implement communication with clients, including preparing interim progress reports and updates both to the client and well as to the Patvocates team
- Generate project proposals to potential clients
- Acquisition of new projects and clients
Qualifications and experience
- University studies (or equivalent experience) in relevant field
- Demonstrable work experience in the field of patient organisations
- 8+ years experience required
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple tasks and associated priority levels
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail while being committed to producing accurate and high-quality written deliverables
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a flexible, proactive way, and in both a virtual and office environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with individuals across all organisational levels
- Proven experience in maintaining project schedules, documentation, communications and meeting deadlines
- Ability to write reports and professional business correspondence inclusive of PowerPoint presentations
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, with native-level English language (other languages a plus).
- Interest in working in the patient advocacy and health sector
What we offer
- Immediate start available
- An attractive monthly salary
- Flexible working hours
- An opportunity of working with a highly talented, dynamic and international team on high impact projects
Interested? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
Patvocates is a consultancy, social enterprise and think tank on patient advocacy, health policy and patient engagement in medical research.
Patvocates provides unique insights, experience and connections in patient advocacy through strategy development, facilitation of stakeholder interaction and excellence in project implementation. We provide strategic consultancy, hands-on training and platforms for interaction to patient advocacy organisations, authorities and the private sector. Our goal is to establish and develop effective engagement frameworks, policies, processes and projects for patient advocacy groups, authorities, healthcare institutions and the private sector.
Patvocates is run by a team of leading pan-European patient advocates with extensive knowledge of pan-European healthcare systems, institutions, stakeholders, cultures and the pan-European patient community. Being a social enterprise, Patvocates donates parts of its revenue to educational non-profit initiatives.
As a work unit of Patvocates, Patvocates Research is borne out of a true commitment to powerful patient advocacy, placing the patient at the forefront of research and development, and ensuring the patient voice drives health policy and decision making.
It draws on the wealth of work and experience of Patvocates, founded by and driven by patients and with unique knowledge and experience of the complexities and challenges of the healthcare landscape across Europe and a vast range of disease areas. With decades of experience in driving forward the importance of evidence-based advocacy and patient-centred decision-making, Patvocates now launch this sister arm dedicating resource, a unique skill set and experience to this critical area of need in Patvocates Research.