David U. Haerry
Treatment Writer and Conference Reporter
David has been involved with health care professionals’ education projects since 2007 and, in 2015, became Secretary General for the Swiss Academic Foundation on Education in Infectious Diseases (SAFE-ID). He has been Work-Package Co-leader and a member of the Executive Committee for the European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation Innovative Medicines Initiative project (EUPATI-IMI). David was also involved in several European and global research networks and research collaborations, including the European Network of Centres for Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance (ENCePP) Steering Group and the INSIGHT Trials network. From 2013 to 2016, he co-chaired the Patient and Consumer Working Party at the European Medicines Agency and has served the European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) in various positions since 2004.
David currently serves on the Scientific Advisory Board for the Ubiquitous Pharmacogenomics Project U-PGx, the ELSI Advisory Group for the Swiss Personalised Health Network SPHN and the Scientific Board of the Swiss HIV Cohort Study SHCS.
David has founded Positive Council Switzerland. He has been involved in HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) drug development since 2005 and has specific interests in regulatory affairs, research ethics, personalised medicine, risk communication, pharmacovigilance, observational studies, biomedical prevention and HIV eradication research. He has co-authored a number of peer reviewed publication in infectious diseases, doctor-patient communication and pharmacovigilance. David has been living with HIV since 1986.
- Patient reporting in the EU: Analysis of EudraVigilance data
Co-author, Drug Safety Journal, 2017 (accepted manuscript)
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis PrEP
Co-author, Schweiz Med Forum 2017 (accepted manuscript)
- CIOMS International Ethical Guidelines for Health-related Research involving Humans
Member working group; approved by CIOMS Executive Committee Nov 29, 2016
- Reasons for not starting antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1 infected individuals: A changing landscape
Co-author, Infection (2016) 44: 521. doi:10.1007/s15010-016-0887-x
- Syphilis: aktualisierte Empfehlungen zu Diagnostik und Behandlung
Co-author, Schweiz Med Forum 2015;15(19):459-465
- Psychosoziale Aspekte bei der Behandlung der HIV-Infektion
Co-author, Therapeutische Umschau (2014), 71, pp. 509-513
- Postexpositionelle Prophylaxe (PEP) von HIV ausserhalb des Medizinalbereichs – Update der Empfehlungen des BAG
Co-author, Schweiz Med Forum 2014; 14(8)
- Returned to Risk, Deportation of HIV-positive Migrants
Co-author, Human Rights Watch, 2009
- Assessing and supporting patients’ readiness to start cART
Facilitate decision making and starting cART for patients who qualify according to international guidelines.
Co-author, NEAT 2008 (EACS Treatment Guidelines since 2011)
- Compulsory HIV testing from a public health and human rights perspective
A summary of key arguments to support a wider discussion.
Published: PWHA-Net, http://archives.healthdev.net/pwha-net/msg00589.html, Co-author, April 2004
- Travel & residency restrictions for people with HIV/AIDS
Ongoing global survey, Online: www.hivrestrictions.org
Co-author, since 1998